ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK....I'll try one more time. Has anyone ever tried to remove those two top center vents on the dash? If so could you let me know how it's done. I have 2 new ones I would love to install. Thanks!!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
> OK....I'll try one more time. Has anyone
> ever tried to remove those two top center
> vents on the dash? If so could you let me
> know how it's done. I have 2 new ones I
> would love to install. Thanks!!

Well Z Buddy,
You are in for some fun. You will have to remove your dash to get at those 2 front vents. Removing the dash is fairly easy, putting it back in place while making sure that all the plastic vents stay in the right place and do not come undown is the hard part. When you remove your dash you may even have to loosen up the steering column mounts. This will allow the steering wheel to drop down and give you more room to pull the dash out. You will also have to disconnect the speedo cable from underneath the dash or you will not be able to pull the dash out. You will also have to disconnect alot of the electrical connections ahead of time to. It will probably take about a hard hour and a half to 2 hours. After you have done it 1 time it gets easier and easier. But putting it back in always a bear. My experience comes from replacing my dash on a 1983 280ZX turbo 2+2, and then pulling it off again to replace the front speakers. Good luck and plan on using 1 full day to do it right, but take your time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.