ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have relocated the wires and hoses that are attached to the brackets on either side of the plenum... where did you relocate them to? Was there somewhere safe that you more or less just stuffed them?

Am I just imagining that I remember seeing pics of it done (other than Ash or someone else who have done extensive modification)?

I want to eliminate both brackets completely if possible.

Thanks.

Post Edited (Jan 15, 3:56pm)

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I would like to see pics of that as well with info..

I have been thinking about drilling two holes, one towards the rear and one the front, of the HICAS solenoid. Then putting a rubber grommet in the holes and running that mess of wires so they are hidden in the fender well area. Seems it would clean up the appearance of that area quite a bit...

Thoughts?

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After further evaluation of people's engine bay pics, I see that most people have not eliminated these brackets. They've just painted them to make them less ugly. Hmmm... it looks like a PITA to remove all that stuff from the bracket and then put it all back together again.

·
Registered
252 Posts
yeah same here, I just cleaned my engine and was looking where to relocate the PTU unit. I saw it going under the fan cover in one photo, but I still couldnt find anywhere to mount that bigass bracket.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I did too.

However, I was questioning more specifically about the wires and brackets on either side of the plenum. Anybody with any input on those?

·
Registered
6,813 Posts
Since that area is so complicated -- was wondering if some kind of nice looking cover could be made to hide the whole area. Some of the cars from Europe (maybe US too?) have ABS panels that dress the whole thing up -- making the bay look nice, modular and finished.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.