ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what year is your car............... i cant find a diagram for mine.......... hoping you might have one....

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
not many changes between 84-86...what do you expect the FSM to look like? That's pretty much just an online version of the paper copy.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
trust man.......... i called the dealer they said they made 67 different engine wire harness' for the 86 model year........ and they had 2 diff. computers too. cars made before dec. 85 had one comp.... jan. 86 and on had another comp.

i need the diagram to go into enough detail so i can convert my 85 wire harness so that it will work on my 86

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah,,,, i get that alot from the dealers around here.......... but thats what peoria Nissan said........... maybe he was talking about the entire car........ that would make more sense....... but the way he said it........ it sounded like he ment the efi harness.......and personaly i have seen a good amount of differences in the junkyard........

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh.................. thats sound alot more believable than 67..... what do think my chances of wiring my 85 harness to work with the 86 are........ the only differences that i can find are...... well i get continuity from the AIV to the CHTS and cant figure out why...... according to the 85 wire diagram they should only meet through the mass air harness............. but when i unplug the mass air and unplug everything from the comp i still get continuity.... the only thing i can think of is that they are shrting to eachother somewhere in the harness......... but i dont see how this could happen......also the AIV is ran to a different pin for the comp...... and i dont have a wire for the powersteering pressure switch...... but that seems to work ok without it...... ill wire that one of these days..
maybe i should just shell out the cash for another lottery on the wire harness............ maybe ill get one that works right.......

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
but im sure i can just move some **** around though...... im so sick of spending money on ****............ i think ill just spend the weekend in the junkyards a see what i can find..........

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
last week i was at ecology............... they had like 15 z cars and 2 were 86's.......... they probably wont be there this week, but maybe in a couple weeks....they only want $28 for one....... Also i know the guy who owns Zcarsource, he'll hook me up if he can...........thats were i got the one i got..... hopefully he'll give me some money back toward the next one...........i just wish i would have figured this out like 3 months ago.... then he would have given me all my money back...........oh well

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nope........... all 280 and 300.....but ill keep an eye open for ya this weekend.

Post Edited (Mar 11, 7:36am)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.