Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all:
I just had the clutch in my 1984 AE replaced here in Nashua, NH for a cost of $250.00. I thought this was very reasonable. Just picked her up & she spools sweet-no more clutch slipping when the turbo kicks in. Yee haa. I am planning to replace the T-belt soon and I plan on buying all the parts at nissan parts cc. Ive got 104,000 miles on her and was wondering what other parts I should replace while the entire front end is torn down to replace the timing belt. Water pump, gasket, t-belt, tensioner, CHTS, CHTS wiring harness, thermostat, gasket and ???. Could you please advise me of what else I should replace BC I want to get it done right the first time. Parts numbers would be much appreciated. Thanks very much.

Steven

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Both Cam Oil Seals and the Crank seal...Just buy the kit from Courtesy, and then get the CHTS and harness aswell.

·
Registered
805 Posts
As domdogg123 says. Cam seals. I'm not sure about crank seal. I don't think it in the kit you get from Courtesy.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Mercha...n=PROD&Store_Code=CP&Product_Code=Z31-TBKITA1

It might be a real challenge to replace that one. I might leave that one alone. Maybe domdogg123 was thinking of Crankshaft sprocket plate that is included in the kit. Maybe this is some sort of seal for the crank. Dunno.

The price is right for sure.

You might want to flush out the radiator, Have it pressure checked/flow tested.

Inspect the fan clutch.

Great price on the clutch replacement. Was that $250 including the parts?

If so, a fantastic deal !!!

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
yeah....I forgot they didn't come with the kit, and it is pretty difficult to get to. But you might as well do it while you're in there. Make sure to do the cam seals though, they are prone to leak and are a pain in the @#$ to get to once everything is back together.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Here's my list of items that are replaced on my 87na whenever the timing belt is changed:

-timing Belt
-timing belt tensioner
-timing belt tensioner stud
-CHTS
-CHTS harness
-cam seals (both)
-crank seals (front main oil seal)
-compressor belt
-power steering belt
-fan belt
-two short coolant hoses to the left of the water pump behind the timing belt cover
-coolant

Optional:
-water pump + gasket
-radiator hoses
-thermostat + gasket

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.