Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Got a small problem that I cant decide on what would you recommend.
Looking to upgrade fuel line from back from the car Up to the front Would you recommend Hard Line Or Aeroquip Line There Is a major Price Difference Dont they flow the same or is there a problem with the hard line under pressure.
Any comments would be appreciated.
Thank you

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<b>RE: Recommendations on fuel line?</b>

If you are going to race at NIRA events, they require that you run the hard line. and are limited to about 2ft or so of flexible line throughout your fuel system. The hard line is much cheaper and should be more durable as far as internal pressure. I wouldn't worry about pressure, those lines are rated for 1000s of PSI and you should not see over 100 PSI. You will want to run 3/8"ID line. When I used the stock tank, I used the vapor line as the return. It is bigger than the stock return line.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I'm running hard lines where possible. Half inch up and 3/8 back. No problem with pressure, don't worry about that. The braided line is easier to run. Aeropquip also sells a budget type line. It's not stainless braided, it's blue. The fittings for it are also a bunch cheaper. For a chepaer source on the fittings for braided line than Summit get a catalog form www.aircraft-spruce.com
Same fittings, but about a buck or two cheaper, sometimes more. The cost of the fittings is what really adds up in upgrading your line. Even with hard line you are going to need the same fittings. Don't try to bubble flare and use rubber hose when dealing with the high pressure fuel injection system. It looks cheap and unprofessional, especially on hot rod type cars. Just a pet peeve of mine.
greg
71 240z

·
Registered
406 Posts
Check out Classic Tube at http:\\www.classictube.com. They've got all kinds of fuel lines and brake lines that they will custom bend to your car's system. If they don't already have the template in their computer you can send your lines to them and they'll copy it in stainless steel at a very reasonable price. I think they have the 260Z in their computer for less than $200! They're located in Lancaster, NY. Check them out!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
240z turbo wrote:
-------------------------------
If you are going to race at NIRA events, they require that you run the hard line. and are limited to about 2ft or so of flexible line throughout your fuel system. The hard line is much cheaper and should be more durable as far as internal pressure. I wouldn't worry about pressure, those lines are rated for 1000s of PSI and you should not see over 100 PSI. You will want to run 3/8"ID line. When I used the stock tank, I used the vapor line as the return. It is bigger than the stock return line.

Don't know about NIRA, but NHRA says that the limit of two feet is for rubber hose only. That does not mean the steel braided line. You can plumb the entire system in braided line if you want. I wonder if places like classic tubes will bend up a custom set in half inch or even 3/8 line?
greg
71 240z
greg
71 240z

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.