ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be purchasing new tires in the rather near future and I am curious as to what kind of results those of you who are weathered in the Z31s have had. First off, what are the widest tires I can put on my stock wheels(shiro) front and back? Also, what series of a tire have good results? I am not so concerned about ride comfort, but I also don't want to go so thin that there is a bunch of wheel gap. So what do you think is a good medium? Any input or experiences you have had with certain tires would be appreciated.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The second question has been answered by pylon boy who recommends a 50 series tire. Thank you. But I am still curious as to how wide of tires I can put on stock wheels.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Ive got 225/50/16 on BBS Wheels. Get all the same size so you can rotate them. the Rear camber can eat up tires fairly quick. I have actually had a small problem with the occasional rub. Mostly because I hit a guard rail and it moved the fender a little. Anyway, 225/50 is the largest i would put on. and remember, tire sizes are screwy, I think* that as the tire gets wider, it also gets a little taller. But 225's are good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.