ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some Z wheels at a junk yard and hope I can not only describe them properly but that somebody will recognize them and tell what year they came from. They are aluminum, 14", 4 hole, 6 spokes with a 1 inch wide groove through the middle of each spoke. They have a part number stamped on them of 40300 P8101. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Their Stock Zx wheels

These wheels came of the Stock ZX i know cause i have them on my ZX car which is a 81 i don't know what other year these were out but if you check out
www.zcar.com/month/1998/12 that person put on the same wheels you have hope i helped you some:)
Zya
yuichi

·
Registered
61 Posts
RE: Their Stock Zx wheels

On the same note, what's the widest tyre can these rims hold 215,225?
PS
BW, those are from 81zx later had those ugly 14"'s

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>RE: Their Stock Zx wheels</b>

I used to auto cross with those rims with a 225/60 series tire on them. They looked good too. I used them for 2 years with no problems.
ZR8ED.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Rim width ZR8ED?

ZR8ED, how wide are those rims? If they are only standard 6 inchers, are your sidewalls stiff enough with a 225/60? Or are those actually 7"? I have a set of the 15x6 4 spoke style like 240Z Turbo has. I had planned on using my 14x7's with 225/60 to keep the larger footprint and the stiffer sidewall at the same time. But the 15x6's make it easier to install larger brakes. Pros or Cons? Has anyone had problems or drawbacks with either setup?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>RE: Rim width ZR8ED?</b>

The stock rims are 14x6. I autocrossed with that combo for a couple of years and I kept an eye on tire roll over and I had none. I ran 38-40lbs when racing and my tire wear was fairly even (my car is dropped 4") You would have now problems running the 15x6 rim unless you want to compete nationally in which case depending on your racing class a 15x7 or 8 with a 225/50/15 would be a better bet.
Is that the info you needed?
ZR8ED.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.