ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any real point to getting the recall done other than getting new injectors for free? are there any benefits? i have the parts on order, and i will be making an appointment to have it done soon, but im just curious.

seriously if the car burns down now, 20 years later than it is not nissan's fault. i would place it on one of the owners. if it was going to burn because of a design flaw it would have done it by now.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
If thats how you feel then don't do it but it is very possible for your injectors to still catch fire even after all this time. What you have to ask yourself is it worth the risk of your car or possibly your life or is it just better to take it in for the recall service. If it burns down yes it's the owners fault becuase they never took it in for the recall service. It is a design fault of Nissan and they are offering to fix it so just do it. Why bitch about it anyway? It is free after all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
um... did i say i was not doing it? you make it sould like im refusind to go in. im getting brand new injectors put on to my 161K mile car for free, why would i complain, i was just stating an opinnion. but you still didnt answer the question posed.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
tednelson83 wrote:
> is there any real point to getting the recall done other than
> getting new injectors for free?
Yes. It's so your car doesn't catch fire.

> are there any benefits?
I dunno. I think a car that doesn't decide to burn itself up is enough of a benefit.

> i have the parts on order, and i will be making an appointment to have
> it done soon, but im just curious.
> seriously if the car burns down now, 20 years later than it is
> not nissan's fault. i would place it on one of the owners.
If the car burns up and the owner knows about and hasn't done the service campaign, then the owner is an idiot and deserves to be carless. You're right. It's not Nissan's fault. Stupid is as stupid does.

> if it was going to burn because of a design flaw it would have done it
> by now.
It isn't a design flaw. It's mostly due to additives in the gasonlines that eat away at the original injectors and seals. This wasn't something Nissan could have anticipated. Hmm.... Call me crazy, but I think they are trying to do something about it by issuing a service campaign on the injectors. But maybe I'm just seeing things.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Ok so how do you get it done?? Who do you call, where do you go, etc., etc.??

·
Registered
724 Posts
Let's see here............what's that magic word that has been behind the kazillion productive manhours and minimal lose of equipment and resources in our present day society??? Ahhh yes......SAFETY! It speaks for itself and pays numerous rewards......both known and unknown.
In addition, I don't see how you could hold Nissan OR one of the previous owners responsible. After the car was sold new to the first owner, it became a used vehicle and (after 3 years or 36,000 miles if I remember correctly) it was sold again and again with no warranty, expressed or implied. I have somewhat of a motto I use from time to time, "Common sense just isn't that common anymore".

Special Ops Lives

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.