ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on the climate control what does the ECONO and REC mean? when do you use each one? also the "shift Lock" what exactly is it and what does it do? Mine always takes a bit of fidging to get into gear. Thanks guys just questions i been wonderin since i been driving it (4 weeks)

·
Registered
638 Posts
ECONO circulates fresh air (from outside the cabin), while REC recirculates the air within the cabin. As for the shift lock, I do not have an auto, so I am not sure, but on most cars it allows you to take the car out of park without the key.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
er huh not really....

Econo stands for economy. That button disengages the A/C compressor on the auto air system. Mr. Zboss is correct the REC button does recirculate the cabin air shutting off the intake of the outside air. On a side note the REC button will only remain activated for 15min at a shot on the 90Z auto air system.
The shift lock button releases the shifter allowing you to move it out of park in the event battery power is lost. The shifter is locked in park until the brake pedal is pressed if the car has battery power.
MaxDoc

·
Registered
27 Posts
econo is also what you use in the winter to run your heater without using your compressor like maxdoc said set your temperature in the winter and use the econo. i'm new at this just been on here for about a week still learning.

donzz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.