ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1983ZX turbo engine just rebuilt and never installed. Engine still on stand and rebuilt,upgraded turbo still in plastic. Rebuilt by Z1 performance has 1 year guarantee. It was rebuilt by Mike for my '77 280Z but other financial situation precluded it from being installed. Mike can install this engine in any Z car for a very reasonable price. Price is $2500 including 1 year guarantee. Call Mike P. at 516-254-8277
Thanks
Charlie

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Engine specifics

You should probably list the upgrades, if any, that were done to the long block assembly. I.e. porting, cam, forged pistons, race prepped rods, ARP bolts, etc. Otherwise I think most people would say $2500 is insane to pay for a rebuilt stock turbo motor that can easily and reliably be done for under $1000. In addition, a monster turbo can be had for another $1000. Just trying to help!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Engine specifics

> You should probably list the upgrades, if
> any, that were done to the long block
> assembly. I.e. porting, cam, forged pistons,
> race prepped rods, ARP bolts, etc. Otherwise
> I think most people would say $2500 is
> insane to pay for a rebuilt stock turbo
> motor that can easily and reliably be done
> for under $1000. In addition, a monster
> turbo can be had for another $1000. Just
> trying to help!

I believe Mike will respond to this more specifically, but here is his response to me when I e-mailed your message.
You didnt put down Z1auto.com as e-mail address. That guy is speaking of a quicky rebuild which yours isnt. Yours has new oil&water pumps,timing gear, molly rings, right there your talking $400 extra over a quicky which is usually $800 without teardown and full assembly labor and gaskets. So that person doesnt have a clue.Please send me his e-mail address If he can get quality that cheap i would buy from him!!!Any questions should be directed to Mike at his e-mail address(z1auto.com)He would be more that happy to give any info.Also the price of a properly rebuilt and upgraded turbo has to be included(at least $650).
Charlie

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Rebuilt 280ZX turbo engine for sale w/ guarant

> 1983ZX turbo engine just rebuilt and never
> installed. Engine still on stand and
> rebuilt,upgraded turbo still in plastic.
> Rebuilt by Z1 performance has 1 year
> guarantee. It was rebuilt by Mike for my '77
> 280Z but other financial situation precluded
> it from being installed. Mike can install
> this engine in any Z car for a very
> reasonable price. Price is $2500 including 1
> year guarantee. Call Mike P. at 516-254-8277 or e-mail at z1auto.com. He will explain what makes this a very high quality rebuild as opposed to a cheap half assed job. It has new oil,water pumps,timing gear, molly rings, right there your talking $400 extra over a quicky which is usually $800 without teardown and full assembly labor and gaskets.
Thanks
> Charlie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.