ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive been taking apart the struts and so on and tie rods. pretty much whatever was on the front end is now off. My car did have a terrible shudder when you apllied the brakes, you could mainly feel it trying to stop from any speed over 50mph. I've inspected my front rotors and they have a bit of a lip on the top of them but dont look to bad. Im probably going to replace them anyways but if they arent the cause of my cars brake shudder what else could it be. I do know its definately in the front end. I could feel it through the wheel. Any info would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
493 Posts
You can't visually see the warped run-out of that (or those) rotors, but, the symptoms described indicate that is the problem.

If you have a run-out gauge, it will show a few thousandths of warpage, and, thats all it takes to give you a shakey steering wheel when applying the binders.

Replace the rotors. They're cheap parts. Do new bearings and races as well since you're tearing it all down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep new rotors bearings and races are already on their way. Along with tension rod bushings and control arm bushings. Also new struts and all that good stuff as well. I figured it was the rotors but was just kind of wondering since they looked so nice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.