ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone sell a rebuild kit including gaskets, rings, bearings, etc. i don't need to replace pistons, valvetrain, crank, rods, or anything major(i'll replace these if needed). does a normal rebuild include bearings. sorry i've only rebuilt a 4-stroke lawn mower engine before so i'm not too savvy when it comes to L-6 rebuilds. but the lawn mower runs great!!! I'd be doing this in my power mechanics class at school with a teacher that has 30 years experience so i shouldn't screw anything up.

·
Registered
613 Posts
From whati have noticed rebuild kits only include top end gaskets. When it comes to bottome end they may come in kits, but I have usually seem as individual pieces. Yeah i'm Automotives at school too, and Z's are not a too complex car, My teacher helped me restore mine(Now I am gonna help him iwth his Mini and Fiat), i was clsoe to going all out and building a 3.1L stroker in class too. Goodluck

Emir

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Felpro makes O/H Gasket kits.

You have to buy two kits. The bottom end kit and vhat they call a valve grind kit for the top end. To my knowlege there isn't a complete kit available. At least where I am in Canada. Usually you would by the bearings and rings separatly as they are sized. The Felpro kits are good, I have used lots of them.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Felpro makes O/H Gasket kits.

i have seen valve grinding kits in MSA but i don't understand what the kit is. i already have access to and experience with a valve grinder. if it's just the equipment for a valve grinder then i won't need it.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
put it to you this way....

The valve grind kit has everything from the head gasket up, including the manifold to headerpipe gasket. The bottom end kit has the front and rear crank seal, the rear crank bearing cap seals, oilpan gasket and timing cover gasket. Water pump and oil pump gaskets. I don't know what brand the kit is from VB but if it's felpro it should be good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.