ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

rear squeaks

355 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  dspurck2 
#1 ·
need help,

when i back up, there is a squeaking sound coming from the rear and seems to be present when backing up only. also there is a grinding noise that occurs when going up or down an incline, it too seems to be coming from the rear also. i need some pointers of what could be the potential culprit.

1987zx NA
200k plus miles

#5 ·
I've got both of problems, I think the sqeak is from the brakes, not sure what the grinding is though maybe it is the axles I was going to ask dspurck2 how much the axles were and how hard it was to change them and if it stoped the noises?

#6 ·
Ben,They were $80 each plus a $40 core each from Victoria British. I bought from them because I used to get my MG parts from them so theyy're familiar. Here's another place I've bought from. http://www.alleurasianautoparts.com
About the same price. Not a big deal to change. Follow the guidelines in the shop manuals.
Took an afternoon. I changed shocks and springs at same time. One thing I'd recommend is changing the seals in the differential while you have the axles out. They're about $20 total. No sense having to tear it all apart again later on.
Good Luck.

#8 ·
dspurck2--Thanks for the input, but did it stop that clicking coming from the dif area while going slow... sounds like a CV Joint but isn't..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.