ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone tried those rear speaker panels???if so, how's the install, how do they look & how much do they cost??

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
> has anyone tried those rear speaker
> panels???if so, how's the install, how do
> they look & how much do they cost??

If you mean the speaker boxes sold by Motorsport Auto and some others, you can see pictures of them by going to <A HREF=http://www.profusion.com>http://www.profusion.com</A> and doing a search on the key words Nissan + speaker boxes.

I've had one in my '82 coupe since last summer. It fits perfectly and looks 100% better than the crummy stock interior taillight panel.

Installation is simple, the new speaker box simply replaces the taillight panel at the back of the cargo area. It's held in place by two L brackets, and a template is provided with which holes areto be drilled for the brackets. The manufacrurer provides two philips screws to hold the box in place, but I substituted knurled finger screws from my local surplus hardware store because they can be removed by hand.
The only gotcha, and it's a tiny one, is thespeaker box must be detached and canted a bit to gain access to the spare tire compartment. To facilitate this, I just left sufficient slack in the speaker wires. According to the last flyer I got from MSA, the speaker box costs $149.95. In my opinion, it's more than worth it.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
> The only gotcha, and it's a tiny one, is
> thespeaker box must be detached and canted a
> bit to gain access to the spare tire
> compartment.

On my '77 I cut the pressboard that covers the spare tire and the carpet just in front of the speaker panel. Now I don't have to remove the panel to access my spare. Works really well. Just take carpet to upholstery shop and have the edge bound to make it like OEM.
Phantom

To facilitate this, I just left
> sufficient slack in the speaker wires.
> According to the last flyer I got from MSA,
> the speaker box costs $149.95. In my
> opinion, it's more than worth it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.