ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone out there bought the rear speaker panels from Motorsport? How much do they cost? Are they worth the money? Are they of good quality? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> Has anyone out there bought the rear speaker
> panels from Motorsport? How much do they
> cost? Are they worth the money? Are they of
> good quality? Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.

It depends on the year of the car and the color of the panel. Some are not availible. I have some for a 1970 240 in black if you are interested, (Nissan original)

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I have them in my '77 280Z

I have the Motorsport rear speaker panel in my '77 280Z. The quality of construction is good. They are solid and not too difficult to install. The sound quality, of course, is somewhat dependent on the quality of speakers and stereo you have in the car. I'm running Pioneer 2-way 6x9's powered by a Pioneer KEH4600 AM/FM Cassette player rated at 35W/channel - 4 channels. I personally think it sounds great. Not a thumper like the younger folks go for but excellent sound. Only real draw-back to the unit is that you have to take it out to access items, like the spare tire, under the rear floor panel. I solved that by cutting the panel and redoing it so the speaker panel can remain in place. Cost is around $120 plus S&H and then the cost of the speakers. I have a brown interior in my car but installed a black panel. It disappears better in black.
Phantom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.