ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was changing the shocks on my 84 ZX, July 17th. I'm usually pretty careful and don't skin myself up too often. But it was hot, dripping sweat and I was rushing to get it done and not thinking. While reaching in the speaker opening to remove the 3 nuts holding the top mount my wrench slipped. My right thumb ran into the edge of the opening. And you guessed it.. It was bleeding like ****. I performed some quick first aid to stop the bleeding and drove myself to the ER. I wound up with 5 stitches and about an inch long laceration. The thumb is still tight and I don't have complete use of it yet.
So be very careful. The metal edge in the openings is extremely sharp. It may just be my car. Though I doubt it. Anyway when I finally healed enought to put the new shocks in I got a couple feet of gas line and cut a slit down it's length. Then lined the speaker openings with it. I later figured out you can get to the nuts on the passenger side through the spare tire area. I guess you can get into the driverside if you tear the interior apart.

·
Registered
958 Posts
thanks for the heads up. I actually replaced rear shocks and I wasn't cut up at all when I did that, but when I do it again I'll be sure to watch for that.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm old enough (46) and have been playing with cars long enough that I should be safer. But I guess that's why they call them accidents.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.