ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everybody- im a newbie here and a new owner of an 87 NA- it is need of new rear shocks -- the car is just a toy for my wife and I- and though we would like to get the most performance out of the car- eventually- any recommendations for rear shocks? I've been researching parts on line- and really dont know much about all the gas adjustable units- any suggestions?
thanks-
dave

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey I appreciate the quick response- do you recommend replacing the springs at the same time? or can i get away with doing the shocks- and then at a later date installing springs? the springs appear to be in decent shape- the shocks will be replaced this week if possible- they are far gone-
again thanks for the quick response-

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I need to replace my springs, but I haven't yet.

You can just do the shocks, but you'll feel a greater benefit from doing both.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i thought so- like i said - the z is a new toy i bought from a friend. needs cosmetics mostly- that and the suspension. other than that - she runs nice! im just glad i found this web page- good info
again thanks
dave

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
yep...read up on z31.com for more technical info.

Just be careful and search before posting, they don't take kindly to newbies.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I recently put a new tokico kit into my '86 n/a (included springs and struts). Wow, the car really handles fantastic. Beware, if you live in an area with rough roads it's a load and stiff ride, ouch on some of those big pot holes.

Good luck and let us know what you decide to do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.