Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I don't own a Z, but have the option to trade up for one

It's a great 86 red/black turbo with 87 front end, rebuilt motor etc etc.

So here's my hardcore tech question --
I apologize if it's been covered a million times, but can't seem to find anything..

How different are the 2 seater/2+2 models really... and would it be possible to retrofit the back seat into this car?
I have a kid (1 yr), so it wouldn't have to be very spacious or comfortable, just safe

I'm inclined to assume that it is just not possible, hopefully I can stand corrected

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
not in a way that would convince me to put my 1 year old child in anyway.

·
Registered
517 Posts
It's not impossible but it is next to impossible if you know what I mean. The 2+2 is about 9 inches longer than the 2 seater to allow room for the rear seats. You can have your car s--t--r--e--t--c--h--e--d by a limo conversion shop to make room for the rear seats but it would cost a small fortune and it wouldn't be worth it. Get yourself a 4 seater if that's what you need.

Post Edited (Aug 2, 9:20am)

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
What you should do is find either an NA with a busted up motor and or tranny, and drop your good stuff into it.

*Bam* 2+2 turbo~!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good points everyone... guess I'll pass this one up.

I'm all about putting engines into the wrong cars, but seats/belts are a bit far.

pissed off wife = very correct.. she seems thrilled that it won't happen!
(not that my 240SX is much better)

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Also consider the legalities of installing a new seating position into car not previously approved for it.
You might fit something bettter than the factory ever did but unless the whole arrangement is engineered and approved then 240det junior might not be covered by various third party insurances during an unplanned field test. Depends on the rules in your jurisdiction.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.