ZCar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a rear parking brake cable for my '82 2-seater. Its the cable that Ys off the main cable and goes to each of the rear calipers. I cannot find anyone that makes one. I'd take a used one at this point.

· Super Moderator
8 / 71 240Z, HLS30-40031, L24-052899, Sunshine Yellow
328 Posts
Something that just occurred to me. If you don’t find one, you might try a marine rigging business or someone that deals with cable. They might repair yours or make one for you.

· Registered
424 Posts
Control Cables Inc. located in Santa Fe Springs Ca. has made me one for my 81 two seater and my 83 two seater. I will email them and get you the information you need for them to make you one. It was under 100.00 and it fit perfect. Dont get rid of your old cable. You can reuse the heat shield and rubber mounts. I will get back to you ASAP.

· Registered
424 Posts
Ok I found my invoice. The invoice number is 184249 date 12/06/2019. Their phone number is 562-949-0455. Give them the invoice number and they will be able to look it up and replicate the cable that they made for me. There were 2 different cable ends where they attach to the caliper. Here are some pictures of the installed cable on my 1983. Pay attention to the cable end to make sure that is the type you need.
Cable end
Sleeve Automotive tire Tire Fender Wheel

Caliper mount
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Light Vehicle brake

Left side cable installed
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Light Automotive design Bumper

Right side cable installed
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Space Automotive design

· Registered
13 Posts
Control Cables Inc. located in Santa Fe Springs Ca. has made me one for my 81 two seater and my 83 two seater. I will email them and get you the information you need for them to make you one. It was under 100.00 and it fit perfect. Dont get rid of your old cable. You can reuse the heat shield and rubber mounts. I will get back to you ASAP.
Thank you so much for replying, very much appreciated!
As I am situated in the UK, please confirm their email address?
I look forward to hearing from you!
Kind regards,
Peter

· Registered
13 Posts
Ok I found my invoice. The invoice number is 184249 date 12/06/2019. Their phone number is 562-949-0455. Give them the invoice number and they will be able to look it up and replicate the cable that they made for me. There were 2 different cable ends where they attach to the caliper. Here are some pictures of the installed cable on my 1983. Pay attention to the cable end to make sure that is the type you need.
Cable end
View attachment 111248
Caliper mount
View attachment 111249
Left side cable installed
View attachment 111250
Right side cable installed
View attachment 111251
Thank your for responding, very much appreciated!
As I am situated in the UK, is it possible you could confirm their company name & email address?
Kind regards,
Peter

· Registered
424 Posts
Control Cables
9816 ALBURTIS AVE.
SANTA FE
SPRINGS CA 90670.
phone 01-562-949-0455

My cable was for a 2 seater, not the 2 + 2 they are different. I sent my bad cable to them and they made a new one. So as far as I can tell there were a bunch of different cables made. The 2 + 2 are different from the 2 seater. The end that connects to the brake calipers also changed in early 81???. Look at that post I mentioned to see the barrel ends that were on my 1981 cable. I used the exact same cable on my 1983, original was for my 1981, and it fit. You may be able to ask them if they know any company in the UK that makes cables. I would assume that someone makes custom cables for boats and airplanes should be able to do this.
I was dealing with Ed Miller at Control Cables
[email protected]

I may have a neighbor that has a new one from Nissan that was ordered incorrecty years ago. She has a 2 seater and the one she received was for a 2 + 2. 1980 I believe. I will ask her.

You didn't say if you had a coupe or 2 + 2. I thought you were the original poster that started this post but you are not. The OP is for a 2 + 2.

· Registered
2,326 Posts
I need a rear parking brake cable for my '82 2-seater. Its the cable that Ys off the main cable and goes to each of the rear calipers. I cannot find anyone that makes one. I'd take a used one at this point.
I have one $100 + shipping.THX

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts