ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fun story about my '77 280Z. Am new to the forum, although I have owned two Zs in my life - one a '77 2+2 automatic and my current one - an '82 2+2 automatic.

Anyway, I took the car to the dealer back in 1979 or so for brakes or something like that. I left it for a couple of days to get worked on.

I received a call from the owner of the dealership and he was obviously upset. Seems that they had gotten my car mixed up with another and installed (read: drilled!) the rear louvers (or slats) on the back of my Z!

I went down to the dealership and there it was - my nice Z with the slats installed. He gave me the option of keeping them no-charge or they would remove them and repaint the hatch.

I have never really liked the slats (sorry to all that have them - just my preference) so I had them remove them and do the repaint. I have to admit, I was really ticked off, but there was nothing I could do.

That car was my all time favorite and sometime I would like to get another one if I could afford it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
adroitcaptor said:
You need to work on your composition bro. That had to be one of the more anti-climactic stories that I
I enjoyed it, thanks for sharing the cool story, welcome to Zcar.com! I hope you stick around and try to take with a grain of salt those among us who have little tolerance for the errors of a newbie (like me), and/or those who won't roll out the red carpet unless you fit into their own preconceived mold of who you should be, what you should own/drive, how you should do things around here or on your car, how many posts you've typed into this forum, or how much literary depth, talent & eloquence you exhibit when sharing your personal, fun, cool story about a car very dear to most of our hearts.

OH, there is hope for you if you don't think you can "afford one" right now, or ever again! Believe me, my income is not that which most would consider supportive of owning a 28 year old Datsun 280ZX. I shopped around for several months, found a great car which I can afford, but, and this is key...I decided I would learn the car well and get my hands dirty doing the work myself if possible. That is surely a way that will save a whole lot of money, as it turns into an enjoyable (hopefully) hobby maintaining and restoring my Z. It IS possible to own one of these cars on a budget, they're really not that expensive presently, and there seems to be plenty around at the moment. Really good cars can be had for under $3,000, Look around, get one, don't allow money to stop your dreams from coming true!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I did not mean to be negative in what I said. It was more of a joke... hence the way I wrote the last sentence.

At any rate I thought the story was really interesting. If I did not, I would not have said anything.

Just for the record, I was the one who was wronged here. Taken on an emotional roller coaster just to find out the track had not been finished.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.