Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, riddle me this…

70 to 240 Z

brake lights work

hazard lights work

Brake lights and hazard lights work together

When I put on either the left or right indicator, the dashboard light blinks and the front indicators work, but the rears do not.

If I step on the brakes and turn on the left or right indicator, that specific light goes out completely while the other brake light stays illuminated as it should.

Scratching my head over here… Seems like the turn signal stalk/switch is working correctly since the front indicators work. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Zev

·
Registered
640 Posts
strange things can happen when dual filament bulbs are not used in the right spots. There are 4 in the car - the taillights and front turn signals.

make sure there are dual filament bulbs there (and only there) and your situation will prob be fixed

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I double checked and they are dual filament bulbs. They also worked for years and then recently stopped working so I know nothing changed in terms of the wiring. Could a bad turn signal switch create this symptom?

·
Registered
640 Posts
I double checked and they are dual filament bulbs. They also worked for years and then recently stopped working so I know nothing changed in terms of the wiring. Could a bad turn signal switch create this symptom?
It's possible but I am not sure. I know this is a dumb question, but it needs to be asked - one of the filaments in the dual filament bulb isn't burned out right?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Dumb-question-that-must-be-asked, Part 2:

"Have you simply put in fresh bulbs yet?"

(Ya can't beat good old 1157s....)

·
Registered
2,438 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Make sure your hazard switch is really clean inside. I got weird results (although I don't think quite as weird as YOUR results) from having a dirty haz switch in my 78.
If it was the hazard switch, it would affect both the front and back turn signals. The problem here is most likely the turn signal switch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts