ZCar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the deal with the rear hatch supports not coming loose at the top? Bottom unscrews fine, top appears to be permanent fixture. Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Please Post a picture closeup of the hatch support connectionyour are talking about. mine always unscrewed, I have had all the years of the 300zx Z31 model and never had an issue.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
some of the connections are a bit different. i don't know why this is, but the top ones on my 87 screwed on and off. the ones on my 84AE seem to be welded in at the top, but the bottom ones screwed in and out. and the strut kit that i purchased came with new screw connections... so when i had the struts replaced on the 84, the guys doing the job thought that they would not be able to remove the old struts without breaking the top connections off, but they did eventually and CAREFULLY remove the struts without breaking those connections. just use some good lube and SLOWY remove away from the ball joints. it would really suck if those broke and then you wouldn't be able to have supports anymore.

Bon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts