ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got 3:90. I hate them, I want to go with a different ratio, and want an opinion on what others think about their ratio. How fast do you guys with 84-86 turbo 3:54 go in each gear. And also those with the 88-89 turbo with the 3:70 gears , how about you. I shift at 30 in 1, and about 58 in 2, I cant even spool the turbo all the way with these gears, in 1-2. It is limiting me. What ratio should I use.? I hate the fact that I have such low gears, more so than not having LSD.( which ID really like to find)

Post Edited (Apr 13, 8:58am)

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
I agree that maybe a different turbo would help but changing the gears is probably the easier and cheaper thing to do. I know for sure that the 280zx turbo or any S30 with a turbo usually uses the 3.54 becuase anything else will not let the turbo spool up in time. I would say a drop to the 3.7 would probably be good being that it's what Nissan used on the 88 turbo like what you have. Also it may help if you tell us what kind of turbo you have. Is it stock, T3/T4 hybrid, etc.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I have 3:70 gears and I like them I have no problem building full boost in every gear. You may wanna go with 3:54's though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.