ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking on info for brake upgrades for my 76 280Z. I've seen the toyota 4 piston calipers for the front, but what I'm really inrerested in is a disc brake conversion for the rear, any info would be helpful, but cost is a concern...

·
Registered
996 Posts
You can do it fairly cheaply. Search the forum using the link at the bottom. Many people have asked and there are several answers. Search for "rear disc" and you should get everything you need even part #'s. This conversion can be done with factory bolt on parts, I would give you the #'s but don't have them with me.

Hope this helps
Matt

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Tom wrote:
-------------------------------
I'm looking on info for brake upgrades for my 76 280Z. I've seen the toyota 4 piston calipers for the front, but what I'm really inrerested in is a disc brake conversion for the rear, any info would be helpful, but cost is a concern...

Tom,
you ave 2 choices here.
- 79-81 280ZX calipers and rotors and a special bracket from Z-Quip (dont have their number).

- 82-83 280ZX calipers and rotors and a bracket with Nissan part# 44155-04S10 ADPT-CALIPER RR. I think this is the better setup but you will have to rig up something for a functional handbrake or do without one.

Search the forum as Matt suggested to get lots of info and maybe even reference to a how-to.

Scottie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.