ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just shaking! Man, its been since June 2 that the Z has been down due to a Rubber coupler being sucked into the front of the turbo....

My car ran fantastic before, and I never really "needed" to do anything, and I was very happy with the performance.

It wasnt untill a night in the garage with a couple of buddies, and a few beers did think that I would go to these extreams, ( my freinds exploit my weaknesses!!)

But ive been thinking more about it and.. well.. I dont think I even know what to expect out of this thing. I mean, It went from fixing a turbo to, custom manifold extentions, custom intakes, true T-4 turbo, external wastgate, and finally installing these Cam gears. I am not complaning as I understand some of you are thinking "lifes rough" (I do work real hard though) but I am going into uncharted waters with the addition of these parts. and well am quite Nervous about the results. I hope this proves to be worth the time, and money. Just venting... Im sick of looking at it on ramps.

All there is left to do is finsh the front of the intake, and the extension header. I have to wait more than a week for all of the mandrel bent 304 stainless tubing, and 1 6063 aluminum bend.... I hate waiting. Thanks for reading I will post dynos, and videos, and writeups as the job is finished. Z-ya

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
it will all pay off at the end, keep your cool :) and don't let up and you'll be very happy at the end. do I sound like a pro or what :)

no seriously, you'll apreciate it more once it's all done and running like a mother, and right after that you'll make me one of those custom intake ;-)

keep up the good work

·
Registered
662 Posts
Yeah mate, It's gonna be one of the sweetest '31s ever...

Totally worth the effort.

I know what you mean though... my transmission swap has turned into a massive rebuild and mod project, as you know.

Keep at it!

No doubt your Z will be putting a smile on your face for years to come.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
It can be disheartening to see your Z in limbo for so long but just remember how sweet she drove before. Imagine that knocked up a couple of pegs! It will be worth it!

You'll forget all of this waiting as soon as she is back on the ground again.

Good luck man!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yep, I think most of the forum is waiting to hear (and see!) how it goes when its done!!

Sounds like youre most of the way there, definitely keep us posted! (And videos would rock)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.