Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: ohm injectors

ok so I re-ohm the injectors and got the same thing so there dead... GRATE!!!
So now what i need to know is what should I replace when doin the injectors i.e like the o-ring on the injector also what gaskets am i going to have to replace too. and what should i look at when im in there. looking for some GOOD heads up on ****.
I also got a print out of the service and repair for the injectors. tell me what you think and input where its needed.

Removal:
1. disconnect the fuel pump relay.
2. turn the ingition the the start position for approimately 15 seconds ( this will release the fuel pressure)
3. drain the coolent from the radiator
4. remove the following:
^ All vacuum hoses
^ All electrical connections
^ EGR tubes
^ air intake
^ accelerator cable
^ cruise control cable
^ ignition coils
5. remove the upper intake collector
6. remove the following parts:
^ vacuum hose for the fuel pressure regulator
^ fuel delivery and return hoses
^ injector harness connectors

NOTE: Make a note or sketch of the position of injector terminalsin relation to where the wiring harness was situated. This will aid in reassembly.
7. remove the injectors and fuel rail as an assembly
8. remove injector securing bolts and remove injector from the fuel rail

does that sound about right and thing else i should know ?

·
Registered
6,813 Posts

A couple of other things...

- Probably should plan on replacing all of them. If 2 have failed, more may follow soon. Easier to do them all at once, unless funding $$$ is an issue.

- While plenum is off -- replace various coolant hoses, etc. Good idea to think about replacing the harness connectors since with age they get really brittle. Just the plastic part can be replaced while re-using the old pin connectors. But if you can replace the entire connector assembly, would be a better way to go.

- Consider doing some kind of new injector (installed in fuel rail) pressure test before putting the whole thing back together. Goal is to try and spot any pinched o-rings, looking for leaks.

Hope this helps????.....

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

thanks for all the help im going to try to take some pics when in going it. O and yes im a NA

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.