ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how hard would it be to get the ignition re-keyed so it looks asstock as possible? I would also like to re-do the door key so they all are on the same key. as it is my door key will will work on the door, but the ignition key wont. My ignition key works, well on the ignition, but if i dont turn it all the way to the "LOCK" position any key will work. I would like to have this fixed asap!

Also the passenger door wont open fron the outside, making me look like a chump when i'm out on the town with my girl. I fixed that problem on an 89 tercel, but i had ripped the door panel, and broken the cardboard backing, and popped out all of the plastic thingys...

· Registered
422 Posts
Any good locksmith can take care of the problems you mentioned. Mine recently rekeyed two brand new door locks I had and my hatch lock to work with one key. Try to find one who routinely does a lot of auto work. Mine is the guy all the local car dealer call when they have trouble so if you can find one in the phone book then call a few auto dealers and ask who they use.

Charles

· Registered
15 Posts
Charles is right...Its not a big deal...My locksmith charged me $10 per cylinder to "key" them to the same key...It takes only a few seconds to do but I think you need some locksmithing gear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.