Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Clutch problems

everyone seems to be agreeing that it is the pressure plate. but if it is then what all needs to be replaced? also how much would that be. could i do it myself or is this better to be left to a professional.

thanks for the help so, ne more would be great...

·
Registered
511 Posts

You need:
Clutch disc, preasure plate throw out bearing.
You might as well rebuild the slave cyclinder while your down there.

You can do it all for under 150.00 if you shop around.

It will take you a day if you have never done this before.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts

See if you can get the plastic spline tool for aligning the clutch plate with the shaft on the tranny, save you a whole lot of time. Maybe one of the guys can tell you where to pick one up, if not ask GrahamBCZ

·
Registered
511 Posts

I got mine from AutoZone...
The one for Jap cars.

I don't know how many mine will fit.
I do know it fits Nissan/Datsun and Isuzu.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts

at autozone, the clutch kit comes with the disk, pressure plate, throwout bearing and spline tool all in one box. mine was about $105. it took me two days, i had to do it twice. that **** sleeve that the throwout bearing is on came off the fork and turned. the slave cylinder is cheap enough to buy a new one, got mine for $13. just get a new one and save yourself the trouble. some people swear off autozone clutches, but i have never had a problem with an autozone clutch. i've had 6, and no not on just one car,,,,,,lol,,,,,5 VW's and my 77280z. just take your time and don't try to rush it, give yourself 2 days in case you run into stubborn driveshaft-diff nuts. lol everyone else knows what i mean. about a day or 2 before you start, get under there and spray everything down with liquid wrench, i mean drench it all, from the front of the tranny, to the rear diff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.