Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
re: 79' 280zx 2+2 suspension.

Finally found the time and replaced all the bushings, tie rods, ball joints, struts, etc.
Mebbe it's the extra weight or the longer wheelbase but I am not experiencing any
of the harshness related to polyurethane bushings and/or the new Tokicos. I am grinning from ear to ear! The car handles exactly as I had hoped and prayed it would! Firm but not at all rough or harsh. If driven soft and easy, it behaves the same way. If pushed it responds eagerly. I won't go into the actual work but it is time consuming. The most fun was burning out the front and rear control arm bushings!
My total cost for parts was $560 from Vic Brit. The order was filled perfectly, Shipping was very prompt.
As an aside, a friend of mine in the tire bizz remarks about the condition of the worn out tires he has to recycle. The cheepo tires are worn on the sides, driven half flat
most of the time. The high performance tires on the other hand are worn in the centers, victims of overinflation. Which would by the way, help to create a very harsh
feeling suspension...

Regards,

BobW

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.