Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: 3.1 vs 350

> I think that it would be better to put a 3.1
> motor in your car.That way win you beat a
> z28 you are saying more, because you had a
> smaller engine. If you put a 350 in your car
> they could say that is what you have to do
> to beat them.

How much HP can I get out of a 3.1L? Would I be able to get 250-300?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Re: 3.1 vs 350

> How much HP can I get out of a 3.1L? Would I
> be able to get 250-300?

R.J.
First, you need to evaluate exactly what you want from this car. If you absolutly need 250-300 hp and this is a daily driver, go with the 350. You can get a realiable 220-240 hp from the 3.1, but you will spend a lot of money to get there. I have about 5k in my motor, and Chris on this board has about the same. But to be honest, it will cost you up near the same to put a v8 in your car, after you factor in mounts, custom work, extra parts, etc... so it is all a trade off. Check out my site, for it outlines what you need to go through to build a 3.1. Also, look a the links on my page to Zhome.com, which is the IZCC club, and it has two other write ups on the 3.1, as well as info on the v8 swaps,(but into 240's, not ZX's). See if you can find someone who has put a v8 in their ZX and find out what they think, and what they had to do. Find your local z-car clubs and that is an excellent place to start. My site link is below. and BTW, the head page is still under revision, so it won't be up for a while.
-Bob Hanvey

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.