Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ever buy these for thier car??
I got a set the other day and installed them. They were great for the first day..... Now for some unknown reason the right rear brake is making this kinda grinding sound only when i first hit the brake. this deffinately is not normal pad chatter. when full force is applied it stops..... Its almost like something is rubbing the rotor. But i cant find any area on the rotor that has been rubbed..
I took everything apart, made sure that everything was alligned right, and checked for any abnormal wear to the rotor,pads, looked for signs of the little clips rubbing and i found nothing... After i did this it seemed to go away. Then two miles down the road it started again.. so i did it all again.... and the same ****.
Any information is welcome..........

·
Registered
430 Posts
I've seen the same thing...and couldn't find anything. Might try buying some brake lube and putting a thin film on all parts that move against each other (excepting the pads/rotors).

I think Raybestos are Autozones cheap pads...they are actually good pads and last longer than some others.

Post Edited (Mar 25, 3:33am)

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
so whats a good set of pads for the stock caliper and where can we get them?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mounting bracket is good........... shims are in there( i thought this was my problem at first. maybe missaligned) and theyre aligned the right way.... i havent tried any lube yet......

when i took it apart the second time i noticed that the little spring type thing on the top of the inside pad popped of the caliper where its supposed to sit........ i think this might be the problem. Im going to try and bend it so it doesnt come out again...... ill let you all know if it helps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Raybestos' Raymold line (Redbox) are cheap aye and I wouldn't put them on any car.

However, Raybestos' PG Plus and STS line (blue box and yellow box) are quite nice. Then of course there is the Quietstop line. (Ceramic Pads)

If you are having issues with this one side, it isn't going to be the brake pad itself (unless defective out of the box). Check your caliper, make sure you have the caliper pins lubed up etc... all the basics. Did you turn the rotors before installing the new pads? And my last thought would be to bleed your brake system again.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you guessed it man... I got the red ones...... i didnt turn the rotors, they had no grooves or marks on them... Actually the only reason i changed them is because i noticed a click comming from the right rear when i would tap the brake at low speed.. When i took them apart i noticed that the little spring deal on the inside pad was broken off. Im sure this was why it was clicking. Now i think im going to try another brand pad( probably just go OEM, it seems to work for everything else).... I also noticed that the little spring thing was shorter on the raybestos pads.... Maybe its not sitting where its supposed to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.