ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and WOW! That was a lot of smoke that came out. Is a lot of that smoke just the color of the seafoam itself burning off, or was it really having that good of an effect? I ran it through the PRVR port on the side of the plenum, and it just shoved clouds and clouds of smoke out after starting it up again 5 minutes later. If it really cleared that much stuff out... then I advise everyone else to do this!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Seafoam does work. almost all the smoke is small amounts of carbon/crap deposits from the top of the pistons and from the side of the valves.

Especially on a JDM motor where it sits on a boat for like 3 weeks in a very wet enviroment (a lot of water in the air).

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Yup and...

He also follows the logic that it continues to act as an octane booster even after it has all been burned off.

·
Registered
12,935 Posts

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
yes its 100% alcohol, it obviouly would make it idle better and give better performance but for how long?

it may clean throttle bodies, injectors etc, and parts of the engine, and disslolves moisture, but i doubt it cleans carbon deposits as good as they say it does

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.