ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last night i was driveing around the block when my car start acting like it was runing out of gas.well i made it home,parked the car and went up to the store and got some gas for it.when i put the gas in it.it start up but when i hit the gas and it died.i did this a couple of times.now the car won't start at all.well i start to check some thing and found that the fuel pump is not geting power.can you guys tell me some thing to check.i don't have a fsm yet.but i know i need to get one thanks for the help

· Registered
187 Posts
Don't mean to offend you in any way, but try leaving the ignition key in the run position and disconnect your oil pressure sensor, then see if you have power.
My '80 280ZX ran the same way, I found chunks of rust in the inlet nipple of the fuel pump. The metal line from inside the tank to the fuel pump was all rusted up. But the inside of the gas tank was really clean. Boggled my mind.
I ended up just putting in a new fuel pump 'cause I had already bought it.

Hope you figure it out.

· Registered
2,404 Posts
79--83 ZXs The fuel pump runs for 5 seconds when key is turned to on or run, then shuts off until oil pressur is up.

76?--78 FI Zs The fuel pump is turned on by AFM, no juce till motor is turnning over creatting air flow.

· Registered
492 Posts
...on my '82 zxt it was just the connector (@ the fuel pump) i replaced it and it worked fine....i'd trace back the wire (if that doesnt work)....run a new (fused) one...for a test.....s

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.