ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

rally/autocross

493 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  negativegain 
#1 ·
so i know the season is quickly drawing to an end. but for the next season i am wanting to get into the track scene hot and heavy. i feel the z is a perfect platform for this kind of competition.im not wanting 900whp or anything like that i want a great but strong running engine(duh) ans a strong durable suspension that will allow the z to go around the sharpest curves with ease. what would you guys suggest for these goals?

#2 ·
Rally and autocross are two completely different setups. I am going to assume you meant strictly paved-track events. In that case, the limit of suspension is your wallet. However, a good adjustable coil-over suspension like the Tein will be good, in addition to adjustable UCAs, stiffer sway bars, master urethane bushing kit, and strut tower braces.

Don't forget about the brakes, too. A BBK is a great investment, as is full brake fluid flush, SS braided brake lines, and a master cylinder brace.

#3 ·
I would start with tires and a performance alignment unless there is any maintainance items that need to be addressed then do those first. Once you have a feel for the car then start replacing components. Do them one at a time so if you make a bad adjustment you know what to undo. Brakes aren't a huge deal for autox since the speeds are slow but the best mod is to the nut behind the wheel.

#4 ·
lol i appreciate it and yes i meant paved track sessions. so def start with the suspension then? after suspension would u do small mods to the engine for faster spool up not necassarily high horse power.

#5 ·
I wouldn't bother with the engine until you take some driving courses. You will be much faster around the track than if you add 100HP to it. Learning how to be as fast as possible and dial in the suspension will be more vital to your enjoyment, then once you've gotten good with your driving skills you can look at engine mods to gain some speed. There are many guys who can outrun guys in TTZ's with an NA simply by having the better skills.

#6 ·
very true I road coursed at the begining of the year me and a buddy of mine which happens to drive a older style Ford lightning truck stock....kick my butt sure he has a v8 but still its all about experience. Theres alot to learn out there on the track. I would focus on suspension no doubt about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.