ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was wondering; when I start my car and turn on my radio to, for example FM 92.5 and listen to it and everythings good and I turn my car off then turn it back on its set back at like FM 500 or somethin i dunno. Im gettin a new stereo for X-mas but for the time being Id like to keep my stations where I put em if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Sounds like your radio isnt getting power when the car is off.

Is it factory or aftermarket? if it's aftermarket, more than likely who ever installed it hooked both ther key on and constant power wire to the key-on source.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Dominic it was the same with me. When I first bought my Z whenever it was turned off voltgauge read zero and my stereo didn't keep memory and I had no power in the car when the key was in the acc position. So turn the key to acc and see if your radio and interior lights will turn on. If not then you most likely have the same problem I had. So I had my electrical system tested at autozone and I had a bad alternator. So I replaced the alternator with a 90amp 240sx one. I believe the wires on my previous alternator could have been wired wrong. Because I looked up online to learn how to wire in the new alternator and it seemed different than how the old one was wired. Ever since the problem has been solved. Now whenever the car is off the voltguage reads 12.7volts like it should and my radio keeps memory. So have your electrical system tested and replace your altenator if necessary. Or it could be like ZX-AE said.

Post Edited (Oct 17, 8:35pm)

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
On a ZX, if your interior lights, radio mem, and voltage gauge don't work, its the fuse labeled interior lights. Happened to me when I bought my car.

Mario

·
Registered
155 Posts
none fit your car as a direct replacement .you usually use the face off your factory radio and put a piece of black plastic that has the hole for the radio over that..but at least you can use any radio your budget allows.except the double din size...like in a gm car.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
not sure but it looks like my yellow memory wire has a capacitor in-line with it, or a battery. They sell these kits to hook up a 9 volt battery to keep your stations, but that is pretty stupid. Especially when you have a 12 volt source nearby.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
its sealed, i thought it was a fuse too. I just cant pry the **** box apart.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.