ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question that i hope you'll can help me with I have a 76 280z and it has the stock radio in it and I would like to put in a cd player but when i talk with the salesman he said that i would have to cut out some of my dash where the radio is now to get a cd player to fit and i really dont want to. does anybody have any ideas on how to get a cd player in there without cutting out anything???

·
Registered
972 Posts
If you care about keeping your car stock, then don't take it to have a stereo installed. They will butcher the wiring harness, and to install the speakers they will have to remove the rear panels and I'm sure they won't have the correct pop rivets to but it back together worth a ****. The '76 (standard radio) has one speaker in the rear panel on the driver's side. The right panel has the holes for a speaker, but it was only installed with the premium radio(8 track.) If you really want CD then do the RF type, but that will play through the factory radio which isn't very good. The only other option you have is to go buy a center console and panels to do your stereo stuff in, and leave your factory parts in the basement. If you get anything installed, ask them how they plan on replacing the pop rivets first(the center pin does not stay in like modern ones.)

> I have a question that i hope you'll can
> help me with I have a 76 280z and it has the
> stock radio in it and I would like to put in
> a cd player but when i talk with the
> salesman he said that i would have to cut
> out some of my dash where the radio is now
> to get a cd player to fit and i really dont
> want to. does anybody have any ideas on how
> to get a cd player in there without cutting
> out anything???

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just installed a Blaupunk (spelling) with no cutting. Just had to lose the power antenna switch which is hiding under the console. Also installed Boston Acoustics 5 inch 2 way speakers behind the panels in the back. No cutting anywhere in my case. Go to crutchfield.com for some help. Buy replacement rivits for back panels..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.