ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyonone know where to get a good price on a radiator for a 1986 300zxt? I bought one last year from radiator.com gor 140 but it turns out it wasnt compatable with the turbo model and blew the first day I had it. Everywhere else seems to be at least 400, wich is brutal. Any imput is apperciated.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
what would cause a new radiator to blow out as soon as its installed? my first guess would be some serious head gasket issues. but then youre talkin last year? WTF?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my Z has been in storage all winter. Hopefully its not the head gasket. Im hoping its just thermostat or water pump.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
any local parts store, and if you find one on line cheaper, print that page and take it to the local parts store and they will match the price and you don't have to pay shipping.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
hahaha, I paid $95 for mine dual core and all and it's been GREAT, not sure if you really want to spend so much on a Rad, anyone for any parts store will work just fine.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
95? that sounds perfect what do I do just get a generic dual core radiator or what? Do you know the size or model you got?

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
most auto part stores sell the Z31 Rad for about $100-$110 I went on line and found a place that sold them for $95 plus shipping, so I printed that page went to the local auto parts and said can you match that, he said he'd be happy to, so the next day I picked it up and paid $95 plus tax. dual core, just ask for the Radiator for any Z31 TURBO even if you have an N/A.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.