ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have to soon do my rad and im not looking foward to it. what size drain **** is on the unit. i have a rad out of an 86 but it has no plug and i dont know what shape the old one is in . when i get the old rad out i just want to slap the new one in and not go looking 4 one

·
Registered
793 Posts
Yeah, Me too the old fit and my new one came with a new drain **** but it is a 14mm head anyway I think that it might be a 1.25 tread? not sure though

·
Registered
397 Posts
I tapped mine out with an 1/8 npt pipe tap and put a brass one in there. the plastic one broke 18months after i changedthe antifreezein my daughters 88. it cost me a motor when it went it gave no warning just fell off going down the road. since then i have gotten rid of the plastic ones in both of my other z also.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Wow that sucks, My drain plug isn't plastic

·
Registered
548 Posts
The brass drain valve sounds good. Too bad I just finished with my timing belt and used the old plastic petcock I took out. Next time!

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Has anybody seen those little plugs that you can screw into the drain **** location that has a temp sensor and a switch? I was thinking of getting one and hooking it up to my electric fans so I don't need to activate them manually.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.