Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
240z turbo,
Race gas (VP C16 for example) allows for a car with stock injectors to raise boost levels. It is like when you use methanol, even with the same pulse rate you need injectors twice as big. The race gas goes the other way around (although not twice).
We had a 300 zx (1984) that had 14 psi and we had 2 additional 750 cc injectors. When running race gas we had to unplug one of them, and this car was very fast (low 12's).
About Turbo Mag , yes there could be some exagerations but take for example when Puertorrican cars first make their apperance, domestic car lovers said it was TOTALY impossible (4 cylinders could not make 8's ).
In fact the red 300zx that at the time was in the low 10's wrote several times to Turbo mag and they didn't believed him (it was a street car). Now he is doing 8.6 (yes 8.6 @ 1/4 mile). When Turbo Mag came to cover one event they saw it and them they believed it.
So it is difficult but not impossible, and thats my statement.
Have a very very nice weekend and wooosh that Turbo.
Danilo

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I know! Example, running alchohol alone without the additional raise in boost will give you around 20% increased hp. And yes, race gas will allow you to run more boost because of increased burning efficiency and its resistance to detonate. Also allowing you to increase timing, which yields more HP. Let us just assume that race gas alone yields 10% more power and that we will use my dyno results using the 280cc injectors as a baseline. This now gives us 265hp+26.5hp=291.5hp at the wheels. Did I forget to state that I was at over 91% duty cycle at 120psi fuel pressure and 15psi of boost. Now you want to supply enough fuel for an additional 3psi of boost. I would say you have maxed out the injector. There are physical limitations to the injectors now matter how much pressure you attempt to run in the fuel line. I don't doubt the capabilities of the stock motor or you expertise in turbocharging, I doubt the physical limitations of the injectors and their ability to provide enough fuel for 365 rear wheel hp. ****, with the stock fuel pressure regulator, I was maxing out my 440cc injectors at 13psi of boost and 95% duty cycle. Call anyone with extensive knowledge of turbocharging a Z and they will laugh at that article and tell you no fucking way the stock injectors are fueling those numbers. What he probably doesn't tell use is that he runs two additional 550cc injectors. Anyway, I am well aware of the properties of race fuel and their advantages. NO need for argument, my feelings from experience and research say it is not probable. Hey, I finished the semester today and am free for a week or so. I probably have a job with Boeing and will work on sight at Kennedy Space Center this summer. Have a good one Danilo, hopefully some day we can square off on the track. Later!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congratulations! Finishing college is great.

Maybe he really has two 550cc!!!

Have a nice week.

Danilo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.