ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend that has been insisting for a long time that his car is faster than mine. I have finally agreed to have a go at it, and I'm curious as to what you guys think the outcome will be. I know that this is not exact, but the people on this forum seem very knowledgeable about racing/cars and I respect the opinions presented here. Anyway, here are the cars:

Me - 1980 280ZX coupe deluxe model (no power options) 5 speed w/3.54 rear-end. 108K miles It has the following mods. K&N cone filter, 60MM throttle, MSD coil, motorsport header, gutted cat, and a dynomax muffler. It has also had a recent tune up.

My friend - 1994 Beretta 3100 series V6 4 speed auto. stock is 160hp and 185 ft/lbs. He has a K&N drop-in, gutted cat, and a glasspack. It has 140K miles. My friend claims that 94 has the most powerful V6 put in a beretta.

Overall both cars run well. This will be on a track so don't worry about the saftey issue. Thanks a lot for any opinions.
Mike

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
I raced Bretta once but not in Z. It was actually Accord. The Bretta isn't slow but it's like Fiero fast right? piece of cake. I had 280z with everything you got plus cam that would beat 305 Camaro. real close to Z28

·
Registered
75 Posts
i have a friend who has the same thing. he said it ran a flat 16 in the quarter mile. you'd probably run pretty close since you have a five speed. i can't say who would win. it sucks that a car that ugly can be as quick as a sophisticated looking z-car. lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pat, I think you sumed it up perfectly with that last sentance. I forgot to add that I have a near new set of 215/60/14 dunlop tires. These may help with my launch and they have a lower profile than stock (slightly lower gearing). My friend has some crudy Futura tires btw.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
I think the Z will win, I have driven those cars and they really I mean really like to spin off the line. Drive your Z like it is screwing around with your wife.Atleast while racing.

good luck
Jason

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.