ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what dos the z31 run for stock boost? allso what dos the factory blow off valve open at? one last thing how much boost can i run w/o upgrading the fuel system? i went to the search but didint come up with much

86 300zx turbo... turbo timer

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't mean blow off valve. I meant some sort of relief valve, it is on the front of the manifold. If you open the hood and look to the left it is a small round supposed relief valve that apparently opens at about 8-10psi. Also it is about 2 inches in diameter. Am I wrong about this?

86 300Z turbo...turbo timer

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
No you are not wrong, that is a Pop-off valve. It doesn't work the same as a BOV. The BOV lets excess pressure out of the pressure pipe after rapid throttle body closure. The POV acts as a safty device that relieves the pressure inside of the intake manifold if there is too much boost for the engine to handle. That may not be EXACTLY correct, but it's what I've been told.

·
Registered
42 Posts
There was some site I saw that recommended not doing any more than 12psi at the redline. I run 10psi and have had no problems (well apart from the clutch dying!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.