ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much should i expect a quote to install a rebuilt rack?

how much to install new gaskit and studs in pass header?

im in the orlando area

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
if you take it to Nissan expect sh*t load of money and on top of that you'll probably have to bend over for them too to keep it under a grand!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just looked into having work done on my exhaust manifold, to remove one side an replace it the labor was 4 hours alone. i dunno if that helps you or not. the gasket should be about 10 bucks.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I couldn't find any place that sold single head gaskets locally. Paid $162 for a complete gasket kit. Hope you have better luck. Major problem with the exhaust is the bolts rust so badly and have a tendency to wring off. Other than that it is a really simple job to remove and replace.
Steering rack runs from $150 up depending where you buy. Haven't done mine yet, so don't know how much trouble it is.

·
Registered
104 Posts
4 hours of labor at a reputable shop is gonna be more or less 200 dollars plus shop materials. so if you want the rack and the exhaust manifold id expect to pay about 600 700 alltogher

·
Registered
657 Posts
dont know about orlando, but around Phoenix if you go to a dealer its going to cost like $55 to $75 an hour.... plus theyll replace a bunch of stupid little ****...... i think your looking at a grand or more for all....... I personally wouldnt go to a dealer.... do it yourself or pay a friend who knows what hes doing........ just make sure he knows what hes doing.....

·
Registered
248 Posts
What is the matter with you guys? Full gasket kit ?? I got both exhaust manifold gaskets from various places, Felpro, for 22$ total...look around, dont just ask nissan

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes i can get the gaskets no problem. its just that i am in a apartment complex now so i cant do any work... they dont like it.... CRAP!!

but thanks for the info guys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.