ZCar Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I knocked my passenger side mirror loose (more like smashed it) on the side of the garage on a '82 280ZX. It's still mostly attached but I don't want to mess with it for fear of making it worse. The electronic control still works but I would like to have it tight on the door again. Is the mirror attached on the inside of the door panel with screws or is it just really strong adhesive? Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there. I had the drivers side mirror off my 82 280zx a few weeks ago. It is attached with a single bolt and nut. You might be able to just tighten up the nut, but I would take it off completely to check what has happened. I would clean up and lubricate the bolt thread before you put it back on. The electrics are hooked up to two plugs. It's not possible to mix them up as they are different lengths. Also, and I learnt this the hard way, there is a metal plate that the bolt goes through on the inside of the door. It should be stuck on with double sided tape but the adhesive had perished and it fell off. It was pretty much impossible to get everything lined up without the plate in place, so I stuck it back in position with me double sided tape. If the plate isn't perfectly aligned with the mirror you won't be able to do the nut up all the way and the mirror will still wobble. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts