ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm going to buy a performance rebuild kit in the next few days. I found a site that sells a nice kit. <http://www.importperformanceparts.net/imports/pek-nissan.html>

Anyways, they sell Ross forged pistons (Im opting for .40 over with a 8.5:1 CR), Toga HP main and rod bearings, ARP rod bolts, Performance piston rings and pins, and a gasket kit with a Copper performance head gasket. Now the kit is $1200. Does anyone else know of a place that sells kits like that with maybe different forged pistons, maybe a JE, Arias, or Venolia kit or something? I'm going to be ordering this in a few days, so if someone knows of a place, speak now or forever hold their peace :)

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
from what i've heard...don't know how true...but there's something about ROSS that makes them easier get in the correct size.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Unless you're racing - why do you need such performance parts? I can see using forged pistons with a turbo, but it doesn't seem to make sense otherwise because today's pee gas doesn't really support higher compression ratios. I did get a good gasket set and used the ARP bolt set, but there rest was fairly OEM when I rebuilt my 2.8L. I added a E31 head and had the machine shop do a rebuild on the head (larger E88 valves) and balance / blueprint the components in the long block. Run fine.

Unfortunately, I'm hungry for more power - hence the interest in the RB25DET and RB26DETT engines. If you were in Colorado I'd give you an incredible deal on a couple of L6 motors (2.4L (x2); 2.8L (x1); triple webers; E31 heads (x2); E88 head (x1); ZTherapy SUs (x3); 5-speed trans (x1); 4-speed trans (x2)). I'm sure I have $2K in my rebuilt 2.8L alone and it's almost new. I never added the webers - hard to tune above 5,000 feet.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I'm adding forged pistons and high performance other parts, because I'm going to be pushing over 300hp...and stock pistons, even if they're new, won't handle 300hp. And here in the Chattanooga area, we have 93 octane. Of course it's gonna be Chevron all the way :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.