ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK folks, once again, I have more $$$ than cents, so I am putting the car in the shop while I don't drive it much during the winter.

I currently have a 16 pound flywheel. If I go to the 10 or 11 pound flywheel from HKS or Arizona Speed and Marine, or Arizona Z car, what should I expect? Will the car accelerate just as hard as it does now? Will it accelerate better both on and off the highway? Is it going to take a more heavy duty clutch, or a less heavy duty clutch to run one of the things? Will the rpm, slow down as fast or faster than it does with my 16 pound flywheel, when I take ot out of gear, and between gears? Is it going to effect my gas milage?

I'm, going with a Centerforce II clutch. I really need something with some grabing ability, that is going to last me awhile. My last clutch lasted all of about a month, under normal street driving, and when I would jump on it, it would just slip and slip and slip and. . .

So, how much is pedal pressure affected with the Centerfrce II?

I'm also still looking for some stronger synchro rings. Any ideas in this area are much appreciated. I wish I had the money to have some made out of custom Cromoly, or Magnesium, or TITANIUM would be nice! (Keep dreamin' Chris)

OK guys, any help you can pass along, will be great.

Thanks in advance,

Chris Behney
Redline Autosports

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.