ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haynes manual says from cold start up,as L28s warm up and reach 131*F the EGR Starts workin ive tested it and it passed haynes tests,however,as soon as it gets near this temp and from then on it sounds like my wife gargling mouthwash well not really shes soprano o.k. my dad!!! AFM is Fine took me three replacements to find out it was something else, any suggestions are well appreciated ,this car hums until it warms up and vacuum problems start what would you do what should I do?scrap it & get another Z different than an 82 non turbo?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
I'm not quite sure I follow your exact problem, but I'll take a shot as I was just troubleshooting my own EGR problem a few weeks ago.

I would first disconnect the EGR valve and plug the vacuum line going to it. If the noise continues, then it is probably not caused by the EGR valve. You write that the engine starts making a 'gargling' noise. Does engine performance decrease or seem to be effected? I don't have my diagrams with me, but my 80 has another switch that the vacuum goes to first, and then goes to the EGR valve. That switch may be producing the noise.

I wouldn't necesarily scrap the car just because of an EGR problem. If all else fails, take it to the dealership. For about 50 bucks, they should be able to tell you whats wrong.

jA

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.