ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed one on my 78 280z. I bought it used so I installed without instructions. I put a breather on my PCV, and removed or plugged the hoses coming out of (air regulator, i believe) round thing with narrow points on each end on top of manifold.
I am not getting the increase in idle when the engine is cold now. not a real big deal, but does anyone know why? What controls this?
Also I have noticed a loss in vaccum. My defroster/vent flap doesn't seal with the engine under a load thus blowing cold air into car. Any easy remedies.
Thanks, any help apprciated.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> I recently installed one on my 78 280z. I
> bought it used so I installed without
> instructions. I put a breather on my PCV,
> and removed or plugged the hoses coming out
> of (air regulator, i believe) round thing
> with narrow points on each end on top of
> manifold.
> I am not getting the increase in idle when
> the engine is cold now. not a real big deal,
> but does anyone know why? What controls
> this?
> Also I have noticed a loss in vaccum. My
> defroster/vent flap doesn't seal with the
> engine under a load thus blowing cold air
> into car. Any easy remedies.
> Thanks, any help apprciated.
Paul,
Congratualations on the Big Throat find. If you really need instructions I suppose I could find mine and e-mail them to you as a file. You made one big mistake and you have actually pinpointed a side effect of that mistake on your own. All internal combustion engines like their vacuum. FI motors in particular love their vacuum. When you put a breather on you lost vacuum big time. Here is one way to test my theory, start your motor, now with the engine idling pull the oil dipstick or unscrew the oil filler cap. An L6 with good seal will kill when you do this. Yours probably wont change a lick. I would restore the stock PCV system. It gains you no HP to get rid of it and you lose driveability. BTW, what did you do with the BCDD? You can e-mail me off list if you like.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.