ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have read up on this conversion seems pretty straight forward.

Just wondering about a time frame like how long it would take for me and a buddy to do this swap, also where to look for a junked turbo Z beings I live in Montana...<(sucks) I would guess just junkyards and such or would you guys recommend ebay or some other place?

Lastly what would a ball park figure be for cost fully done and installed?

I also would like to know if it would be cheaper and easier to go with something like a JDM VG30 turbo engine if I can find one cheap and then buy a cross member and evrything else.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Your first idea was your best. Buy a body damaged 84-86 Turbo to be used for the conversion. Going any other route will be very expensive and just silly compared with the ease at which you will be able to do it if you have a parts car. Not only are there the parts needed for the swap but if you really get serious there are other parts on the Turbo's that do not match the non-turbo that would be preferrable to have if you start modding your turbo.

I've heard of people doing it over the weekend but I would plan for it to take a lot longer than that even if it is just in case. Plan a month or even the summer and if you do it faster - great! Take your time and do the job right and you will be thankful in the end. Make sure this is not your daily driver and you do not have to rush to put it together.

Also - post if you decide to do it - we would love ot hear the details!

Here is a general rundown of the process:
http://tboz.no-ip.com:10000/300ZX/TurboSwap/TurboSwap.html

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.