ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone out there put this on their Z. I have a 240z with awful bumpers, and the kit looks pretty nice, but I have some questions. For one, what is it made out of? How hard is it to install? Is it bolted on or bonded or both. Also, does the kit include the side skirts. My last question involves ground clearence. Right now I have a front air dam from motorsports. The thing is cracked in half from the previous owner scraping it. I have tokico shocks, so my car is about one inch lower than the average. Is the aero kit just as low as the front air dams? If so, I guess i will just have to be real careful.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Look at Zack - uppper left

He has that kit on him. It is a 5 piece kit:
Front air dam/integrated bumper
Side skirts
Rear valance/integrated bumper
rear spoiler
It is all fiberglass and it can be bonded, riveted, bolted, however you want. Mine is riveted with countersunk rivets and then filled over.
It maintains the cars original ground clearance. If your car is an inch lower than stock then this kit will be too.
It would be a really bad idea to hit a curb with this kit - unless you are a really good fiberglass body man.
Phantom

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Look at Zack - uppper left

> He has that kit on him. It is a 5 piece kit:
> Front air dam/integrated bumper
> Side skirts
> Rear valance/integrated bumper
> rear spoiler
> It is all fiberglass and it can be bonded,
> riveted, bolted, however you want. Mine is
> riveted with countersunk rivets and then
> filled over.
> It maintains the cars original ground
> clearance. If your car is an inch lower than
> stock then this kit will be too.
> It would be a really bad idea to hit a curb
> with this kit - unless you are a really good
> fiberglass body man.
> Phantom

Is the integrated bumper fiberglass too?? That doesn't seem to reasonable, I mean, one little bump by someone when you are parked, and it could shatter

·
Registered
96 Posts

> Is the integrated bumper
> fiberglass too?? That doesn't seem to
> reasonable, I mean, one little bump by
> someone when you are parked, and it could
> shatter

Eric,

Yes it's fiberglass, too. on the 280, with the large crash bumpers, they had to be removed. Don't know about the 240's. And I had the same concern. No one has bumped me yet. Although my wife hit a curb and put a 4 crack in the front spoiler the first month I had it. It doesn't take much. One thing that's nice about it is it covers any imperfection in your rocker panels like surface rust or rust repair or small dents, etc.

Later,

Matt

·
Registered
107,695 Posts

I have the kit on my 240, and at least on the early cars, the fiberglass gives about the same protection as the bumper (a thin piece of metal bolted on the car)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.