ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me anything about Monza's exhaust system that they have for sale in Victoria Brit. ? The system looks pretty decent for the prices shown, and can anyone tell me anything about free flow cats, where to find or order, value, efficiency?? Thanx..

·
Registered
23 Posts
>I just went throught this with my 83ZX. Victoria Brit., seems a little short in the technical help side, I remember some negative comments from someone awhile back about the Monza setup. I also talked to Motorsport about their Targa setup. They suggested a Flowmaster three chamber with 2 1/4 pipe from cat back. I talked to Flowmaster and Dynamax and Borla. I ended up with a Flowmaster Delta Flow two chamber. Delta Flow is their quiet performance muffler.
As far as a cat convert. I could not find a free flow model for my car. Randon Technology would make one up for me for $230., so I had a larger stock unit put on. I have not put the new muffler on yet, but so far I like it.

Can anyone tell me anything about Monza's
> exhaust system that they have for sale in
> Victoria Brit. ? The system looks pretty
> decent for the prices shown, and can anyone
> tell me anything about free flow cats, where
> to find or order, value, efficiency??
> Thanx..

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
What did they Quote you for the job?

> As far as a cat convert. I could not find a
> free flow model for my car. Randon
> Technology would make one up for me for
> $230., so I had a larger stock unit put on.
> I have not put the new muffler on yet, but
> so far I like it.

> Can anyone tell me anything about Monza's

GM-I also need to get my exhaust done. I want 2.5 from the header back with a resonater in place of the cat...but I am not to sure about the flowmaster yet (too loud). I was quoted 240 for the whole job including the muffler. Does this sound about right? Seems really steep to me for 1 pipe with 2 bends +a muffler!-Travis 77z

·
Registered
23 Posts
Re: What did they Quote you for the job?

> GM-I also need to get my exhaust done. I
> want 2.5 from the header back with a
> resonater in place of the cat...but I am not
> to sure about the flowmaster yet (too loud).
> I was quoted 240 for the whole job including
> the muffler. Does this sound about right?
> Seems really steep to me for 1 pipe with 2
> bends +a muffler!-Travis 77z

Travis - I paid $60 for the Flowmaster and $80 for the 2 1/4 pipe from the cat back and another $40 for a shinny tip. The Delta Flow is not as loud as the regular Flowmaster.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
I had everything from the head pipe to the exhaust tip replaced at my local muffler shop replaced with 2 1/4 pipe, turbo muffler and shiney chrome Meg's tip for $160.00. This was not the first one that he had done. He took the old stuff off and bent to new tubeswelded the muffler and tip on and put it all back together in about an hour and change. It looks like it's a stock exhaust except no pre-muffler. Sounds great too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.